Counselors across our state and throughout country are making a difference every day in the lives of people with substance/opioid use disorders, their families, friends, and communities.
We would like to do our part by providing free continuing education to these counselors.
And we can, thanks to funding provided by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) as part of a federal State Opioid Response grant.
We bring to you a series of online training courses for counselors that will:
- provide knowledge and experience in treatment and recovery for people with substance/opioid use disorders;
- present an overview of the scientific and experiential work related to substance/opioid use disorders; and
- foster participants’ interest and motivation to pursue further training in this area for themselves and their clients.
Register by clicking on the link below. It will direct you to our training site, where you will sign in with your email and a password of your choice. And we ask you three questions:
- Reason for pursuing continuing education
- State in which you work
- Counseling specialization
Once you enter this information, you will be able to access the following courses. Make sure you choose the one that will provide the correct certificate of completion for continuing education (CRCC vs NBCC).