Counselors across our state and throughout country are making a difference every day in the lives of people with substance/opioid use disorders, their families, friends, and communities.
We would like to do our part by providing free continuing education to these counselors.
And we can, thanks to funding provided by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) as part of a federal State Opioid Response grant. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
We bring to you a series of online training modules for counselors that will:
- provide knowledge and experience in treatment and recovery for people with substance/opioid use disorders;
- present an overview of the scientific and experiential work related to substance/opioid use disorders; and
- foster participants’ interest and motivation to pursue further training in this area for themselves and their clients.
The topics focus on the provision of counseling services for people with substance/opioid use disorders and include:
- Integrative Behavioral Health Counseling
- Integrating Complementary Mind Body Approaches
- Trauma Informed Care
- Cultivating Compassion
- Work and Recovery